This month the design team at The Flower challenge have come up with ideas to use scraps on your cards creatively. As our theme for this month is Use Scraps.
Here is my take on this challenge.
The background is where I have used scraps for my card today.
- I picked up some scraps of pinks and reds from my scrap folder.
- Cut the scraps to make it onto half inch strips.
- Adhered these strips on to a piece of 4 and a quarter by 5 and a half inches copy paper diagonally.
- Embossed the whole striped piece using Spellbinders Sketched Floral embossing folder.
- I used the scrap pieces of white card-stock to die cut the layers of this flower and leaves.
- To add color to my flower layers I used distressed oxide inks in shades of pinks. The bottom layer being the darkest and the top most layer the lightest.
- Similarly added green inks on the layers of leaves
- For the flower center I just used Copic markers to color the tiny die cut pieces
- Added the layers with liquid glue and arranged the flower.
The pink flower against the pink background was not so visible so I decided to add a square piece of vellum cut with the Spellbinders Hemstitch Square die.
- Stamped a sentiment from Altenew with clear embossing ink on a scrap piece of black card stock and embossed using white embossing powder.
- Added it right under the flower
This completed my card which I created from mostly just scraps except for the card base. I am famous for hoarding even the tiniest scraps. Projects like this make me use up these so I do not feel guilty of saving all these scrap card stocks.
Hopefully I am able to inspire you to use the scraps and create fun projects like this. If so join with us at The Flower Challenge and share your creations.