Spots or Stripes/The Flower Challenge #58

Spots or Stripes are very fun to incorporate in a card design. This month’s theme for The Flower Challenge #58 is “Spots or Stripes”.

Hello Everyone!

Before you know it, it’s already July. The Flower Challenge design team have all come up with fabulous designs for this month’s challenge. My pick for the card I created for today’s post is “Stripes”. Stripes are fun. Even though black and white stripe is my all time favorite, today I am playing with bright colored stripes.

The Background

The background is where I wanted the stripes to be. I took a 4 and a quarter by 5 and a half inches panel of Bristol Smooth card stock and placed Altenew’s Classy Stripes stencil on top. Using Washi tape to secure it in place, I started ink blending. Ripe Persimmon and Wild Honey colors of Distressed Oxide inks blended so well.

The Focus

The flower challenge #58

For the focal image of this card I wanted to use the Altenew’s new Craft-A-Flower die I received in my subscription for this month. It is Peruvian Lily layering die set. Although I have never seen a Peruvian lily in gray colors, I didn’t want a bright floral image on top of my bright background. So, I colored the layers of the die cut in W3 W5 and W7 colors of Copic markers. In your world of creations you can create any color flower you fancy, right?

The layers of the leaves are colored in YG13 YG17 and YG76.

The Sentiment

I had this old Simon Says Stamp called Big Birthday stamp set. I really liked the words on one of the stamps. In my brain I was debating between the idea of placing the sentiment on a strip of white card stock or vellum. Then, I came up with this fun idea of making a framed vellum window where I could stamp the sentiment. I used two dies from the Waffle Flower A2 layers die set and cut out a frame from Neenah card stock. I stacked two of them to make it sturdy and added the vellum layer at the back. Then, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Watermark ink and sprinkled white embossing powder and heat set it.

After that, I added this window panel on top of my striped panel with foam tape. I love how it softens the bright striped background.

I added the flower and the leaves on the vellum window using liquid glue. Also, I thought this card already had so much impact that it didn’t need any extra embellishment.

All I had left to do was to mount this on a A2 card base and pick a matching envelope, and my card was ready.

What do you think?

Now go ahead and check out all our talented designers’ project inspiration. And don’t forget to share your project with “Spots or Stripes” at The Flower Challenge!

Hugs,

Jyoti

You may also like

13 Comments

  1. That vellum window was such a great idea, Jyoti. It can be difficult to adhere vellum and this way it’s stuck to the frame. I love the colors you chose for the lily. It pops against the red striped background.

  2. Such a beautiful card Jyoti, love the vellum layer looks wonderful and that amazing layered flower, perfect.

  3. Jyoti, this card is all kinds of beautiful!!
    The flower is just perfect, I love these types of flower die, your color combination on this one is awesome.
    And your striped background looks so lovely with the vellum window, what a clever idea.
    Awesome card, teammate.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria.

  4. LOVE those bright orange stripes in the background, Jyoti. Your Lily is beautiful in shades of gray and yellow. LOVE the design with the vellum window. Very creative. xx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.